Friday, March 21, 2014

And so, i signed the dotted line...

I had always wanted to get the Hyundai Avante.
1. It looked like a new generation car.
2. It is my favorite shade of blue.
3. It has its signal control on the right.
4. It is equipped with a quick boost of speed.
5. It has the latest media player with 3.5mm jack.
6. It is relatively cheap for its age and type.
7. It is fuel effecient with low fuel consumption.
8. It has ample space, yet not too big to handle.
9. The inside of the vehicle isnt black.
10. It was the first car i went down to take a look.

Instead i gotten a Subaru Impreza 4AT.
1. It look old.
2. It is silver, symbolizing the old generation.
3. It has signal on the left.
4. It has a very slow pickup.
5. It has a old player with a slot for cassette.
6. It is $3000 cheaper than the Avante.
7. It has high fuel consumption, about 1.5x the Avante.
8. It has a slightly smaller space.
9. It is black on the inside.
10. It was the first car i rejected with one look.

Because patience has it's limit. I was patient in finding the ideal car in the beginning and I tried to convince my parents after doing ample research and shortlisting the few that i feel will be good for me, but they were all shot down because they are ultimately still more expensive than the Subaru, which i felt was at such a price because it was a friend, and it was not that good. But doing all this research had drained away alot of my free time and my weekends, and I had troubled more people than i ever would have trouble if i had not gotten the car. My mom had to beg my uncle for a good deal. My dad had to ask his friends for a car deal. Having connection is good, but somehow i felt uneasy for this time round. Hence i decided to end all of this.. but getting the Subaru.

It has been several days now. The car isn't that bad, but it definitely is far from the ideal car i had hope to get. Hopefully this car will be problem free. Only with that, will i feel like the decision to get this Subaru instead of the Avante was made right.

No comments:

Post a Comment