Saturday, October 20, 2012

10 small pleasure in life


I guess its the small things in life that make it pleasurable and exciting at the same time. Happiness do not need to come from huge things like parties and expensive gifts. Sometime, you just need that one thing to go your way, or that special moment to bring the smile out of you. Here are my 10 personal favorite.

1. The smell of rain
I like that "smell" but its not really the smell of the droplets that are falling from the skies, but rather the additional moisture in the air amplify the smell detectors in your nose, and allowing you to sense the smell better from the things around you. However, our ignorant mind when young may not understand that theory and registered it as the rain of smell, therefore we named it that way.

That's why sometime it got me thinking, what if our eyes are not seeing the same thing but we are just registering it just the way it is. What if your blue is different from my blue? Perhaps if i were to look through your sight, the skies are my red and the grass is my blue. But you have learnt that the color of the grass is green regardless what it is. To you, that color of the grass is green because it's taught to you that. Maybe if somehow i can invade your mind and take over your sight, every color may be out of context for me.


2. Getting cutoff by an overanxious driver, then pulling up right next to them moments later at a red light.
I will always smirk when such a thing happen, but at the same time, i know i am guilty of it. It was that sense of achievement that i finally overtook a road hogger but moments later, it quickly changed to a sense of rage when i hit the red light and have that hogger come just beside me. But true enough, if i was the one being overtaken and meeting him again at the red light, it does feel great.

3. Having the exact change to pay for something.
I hate coins. Or rather i hate carrying coins around. For one reason, my wallet has no coin compartment, so all the coins goes into my pocket which jingle around as i walk. The best moment of this is when i have that one 5c coin when i do my shopping at fairprice. I never understood the value of 5c just like the 1c. Perhaps it is just a matter of time before it is taken out of the system too.

4. Sticking that leg out from underneath the blanket and feeling just right.

5. Dancing in the car and reciting entire songs, making noises to recreate instrument solos.

6. That first intense body stretch after waking up.

7. Correctly choosing the quickest check-out line at the grocery store, or the fastest moving lane on the road.

8. Finding money you didn’t know you had in your pocket.

9. Night time drives.
I like to drive at night. Probably everyone who drives love to do it at night. There is barely any traffic, you get to places faster, and there is no glaring sun hitting your eyes or warming your thighs. If only the traffic in the day is as empty as the night, then it will be worth it to get a car at such an expensive price in this country.

10. Late night/early morning conversations with good friends.
I like to heart to heart talk with my group of close friends, and even with my parents and my girlfriend. It is when things get serious and everyone really pay attention and speak from the bottom of their heart. That is where more truthful words come out and we get to understand each other more. Of course, no one speaks entirely the truth but i shall leave that to another time to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment