Thursday, September 06, 2012

05 Sept 2012 - back to work / dinner at bugis


After my long weekend, its time to get back to work. By that i meant heading back to reporting at camp and not really physically doing any work. However, i made my time useful there, reading books and helping to clear the inventory and other misc duties. Truth is, i dont have much things to do there, now that my busy period is over. Perhaps a new event will appear soon and i will be busy getting ready for it again, but for now, let me just enjoy a little bit of privilege called rest.

Met up with my fg clique for dinner at bugis, where they brought me to a famous fish soup store. I remember walking pass the store some many days ago and there was a long queue stretching outside. Perhaps we were early today but we managed to escape the queue and settled down quickly. Food was average and rather overpriced for me, afterall, i have tasted the wonders of fish soup from both Amoy Street Level 2 and Lakeside Food Centre (which closed down already sadly). Afterwards, to digest our food, we shopped around Bugis before i complained it was getting late and we headed home.









We used to be so real. Every smile every laughter every joke was real. You could feel the happiness behind every giggle even without knowing what we are giggling about. Well, we used to be. Time has moved on. People have changed. Everything feels so fake now. Even myself. You can lie to everyone in the world or put on a mask to shield your sorrow from them. But deep down you know you can never hide the truth from yourself. I feel fake. My smiles and laughters were no longer the same. They were forced upon, to hang on my face and not developed from the heart within. Why? Why have we became like this. Perhaps a terrible suggestion caused this. Perhaps its me. Perhaps its you. I guess everyone plays a part to maintain this beautiful relationship. But right now, i couldnt feel your effort. Perhaps my expectation became too high because we became closer, or your expectation became too low because we became closer, but i just couldnt feel it. Its like fighting a one man battle now. Its tiring i have to say but i will press on. I will fight one last battle before i decide if i should retire and head back home. Will you be there to fight with me this last time?

No comments:

Post a Comment